Find Your Own Voice and Allow Your Authentic Self to ShineJan 28, 2021
It’s not easy to stand out and reveal yourself to the world. We learn early in life that it’s often easier to blend in.
However, the world needs your individuality. And you need to be yourself. Life is never completely satisfying while you’re pretending to be less than you really are.
Let the world see exactly who you are:
- Understand that everyone is trying to fit in. We all have an innate desire to fit in with the crowd. It’s not comfortable to stand out, but that’s where you’ll find the most success and satisfaction. Those are stand out in a positive way were able to overcome the need to be anonymous. They were willing to put their best and unique gifts out into the world.
- Know that people are respected for daring to be unique. Think about the people you know that are willing to be themselves regardless of the circumstances. Their level of comfort is attractive to others.
We love people with this ability and want to be more like them. Do be prepared that some people will be jealous of you if you can be comfortable being yourself. There’s a lot to be gained socially by presenting yourself honestly. Give it a try.
- Identify what’s unique about you.
What can you do better than most people?
What are your natural gifts and talents?
What is unique about you?
What can you bring to the world that’s in short supply?
What is your greatest value to the world?
How are you different from others?
- Find ways to show yourself to the world that aren’t too uncomfortable. Suppose you're passion is storytelling, how can you bring that into your daily life? Set up a free blog and write using a nom de plume. Do you belong to an organization? Offer to write a post. At work, see if you can get on a project and write the presentation.
What can you do to begin expressing yourself and your passion to the world slowly and comfortably? May you can start with your friends.
Give your opinions freely (be sure to read the room first though, so you understand the best way to do so). One way to show your individuality is to just share your opinions when appropriate.
- Focus on the positive. When you receive some results from taking that first step, focus on the positive. Allow yourself to enjoy the compliments. Notice how any criticism doesn’t really mean a thing. The better you can make yourself feel, the more comfortable you’ll be taking a bigger step.
- Find like-minded people. There are people out there trying to do the same thing you are. Keeping with the artist theme, you could find other artists to spend time with. You can support each other. You can learn from each other. You’ll feel braver if you’re part of a community.
- Continue to grow. Always be pushing forward. You don’t have to go fast to end up someplace great. You simply need to keep moving.
- The key to massive success is to keep yourself just slightly uncomfortable and get used to that feeling.
- The world needs your best, so be willing to put it out there in a bigger and better way.
We admire those that are willing to be themselves. In a sea of seemingly average people, those brave enough to present themselves honestly to the world are valued and respected. You can be one of those people. Take a deep breath and reveal your true self.
Share your talents and your weirdness. The world needs your authentic fearless self!