Let the Addams Family Teach Us About ConfidenceMar 24, 2021
The Addams Family are famous for being creepy and kooky, but they’re also great role models for building self-confidence. Ok, some of you might not know who the Addams Family are, but you should! There is the original 1960s TV series as well as a couple of movies that can probably be found on one of the streaming services.
Once you see The Addams family in action, you realize how unique, interesting, and self-confident they are! Gomez, Morticia, and the rest of the clan have a lot to teach us on how to find the inspiration to believe in ourselves.
Confidence Lessons from Gomez and Morticia
- Play with trains. Gomez understood that play time is important for both children and adults. It’s cool to hold onto your train set or work on your yo-yo tricks even when you’re grown up.
- Pursue your own interests. Both Gomez and Morticia used their free time to become more accomplished. You may want to raise roses instead of carnivorous plants.
- Study languages. Morticia was best known for speaking French, but the happy couple could express themselves in many languages. Sometimes they’d converse in Yiddish, Spanish, or Italian. Expand your vocabulary so you’ll have the right word for any occasion.
- Keep romance alive. The chemistry between Gomez and Morticia was a big part of the appeal. A loving family provides a strong foundation for happiness and success.
Confidence Lessons from the Other Characters
- Bond with your siblings. Wednesday and Pugsley could always count on each other. They kept each other safe even when they were playing with dynamite and spiders.
- Feel comfortable with your size. People sometimes worry about being smaller or bigger than average. Lurch the butler was one of the family despite being almost seven feet tall. He also excelled at his job by instantly producing whatever the family needed.
- Enjoy your life. Cousin Itt was covered with hair and had a squeaky voice, but that didn’t stop him from being a charmer. Real beauty comes from within.
- Recognize that you are complete. For a creature who was a disembodied hand, Thing led a remarkably full life. He could walk on his fingers or communicate in Morse code. Remember that when you feel limited.
- Stay young at heart. Grandmama and Uncle Fester were two feisty seniors. You may want to take a pass on wresting alligators, but you can still enjoy outdoor sports and time with your friends.
- Light up a room. Speaking of Uncle Fester, who could forget his light bulb trick? Generate your own energy by tackling challenging projects and teaming up with others.
Confidence Lessons from the Whole Family
- Follow your own fashion sense. Develop your personal style. Wear clothes and accessories that you like.
- Make your house a home. Create an environment that is comfortable and enjoyable for you and your family. Consult others for ideas but adapt them to your own lifestyle and preferences.
- Welcome guests. People were always dropping in on the Addams Family and often trying to rush away just as quickly. At the same time, the family always managed to remain hospitable. Treat your guests warmly even if they’re beatniks or truant officers. If you feel sure of yourself, you can be tolerant of any opposition and open to different points of view.
- Know your own worth. Today, the Addams Family is more beloved than ever as an example of a healthy and happy family. Assess whether the criticism you receive is valid. If you sincerely believe you’re on the right course, you may still be headed for success.
Let Addams Family values into your heart. Have the confidence to be true to yourself even if you have the only house on the block with a bed of nails and a two-headed sea turtle. You’ll get more out of life and your increased confidence will lead the way to success.
Be you! Be Fearless in your confidence!